Murphy Antoine a Panelist at the Washington DC Affordable Housing Summit
Washington DC Affordable Housing Summit
Marriott Courtyard Convention Center 901 L St. NW Washington DC 20001 Ballroom/Floor: Shaw Ballroom, 2nd Floor
July 28, 2022
From Policy to Partnerships, How Affordability is Playing Out Locally
- With the Mayoral race underway, how will public policy — from Tenant Opportunity to Purchase Act (TOPA), eviction moratoriums, and rent control — impact affordable housing development and financing trends in the District?
- Under Mayor Bowser's new initiatives, from Takoma to Arlington, what submarkets in D.C. are being targeted for new affordable housing projects? What does project development and investment look like in the Wards?
- How can elements of wellness — from ESG & social housing to healthy buildings — be better incorporated for affordability?
- As construction costs continue to climb, how can investors establish meaningful partnerships and creatively finance much-needed housing in the District and surrounding submarkets?
- Resident demands: what new trends are dominating in terms of spacial layouts, design, and development of new affordable units?