Torti Gallas is committed to making a Better World. We are a team of architecture and planning professionals, with a passion for urbanism and a commitment to sustainability, healthy communities and social equity. We work at a number of scales and with a variety of building types, including mixed-use and medium to high-density residential. Many of these efforts involve affordable housing including homes for the under-housed.
Our office in Downtown Los Angeles is seeking an innovative and ambitious Project Architect with approximately 5-7 years of experience in multi-family residential and woodframe construction.
Responsibilities include consultant coordination, code and accessibility research and issues, assisting the Project Manager in the development and implementation of the project schedule, promoting clear communications among all project team members and reporting to the Project Manager.
Experience working with clients, project managers, and principals-in-charge in developing the design, architectural documentation, and consultant coordination is a must.
The ideal candidate will:
• Act as liaison between the architectural team including designers and all consultants to coordinate information
• Assist associate team members as needed and offer solutions to rectify any problems that arise
• Attend site visits as deemed appropriate
• Attend and observe client meetings and prepare and distribute minutes
• Review all Architectural work and coordinate with consultants (under the supervision of the Project Manager)
• Prepare, control and manage the deliverables of the project for final review by the Project Manager and follow through on deliverables
• Manage and maintain project files
• Interact with team members and clients to insure a smooth workflow and successful project delivery
• Communicate effectively both in written format and oral presentation
• Multi-task and establish priorities
• Maintain organization in a changing environment
• Exhibit initiative, responsibility, flexibility and leadership
• Be proficient in Revit, Photoshop, SketchUp, Bluebeam and MS Office
Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture from an accredited university is required.
This is a full-time position in our Los Angeles, California office. Salary is commensurate with experience, excellent medical benefits, Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, vacation holiday and sick leave.
We offer a friendly work environment with a passionate, talented and growing team of professionals. Be part of designing and building projects while honing your personal skills and contributing to the success of the Firm.
Please e-mail your resume, portfolio and a cover letter describing what interests you about working at Torti Gallas to the attention of Laurie Milligan, email@example.com