Torti Gallas + Partners’ Los Angeles office is seeking an innovative and ambitious Job Captain with approximately 6-7 years of experience, including multi-family residential, wood frame construction.
The Job Captain is responsible for consultant coordination, code and accessibility research and issues, assisting the Project Manager and/or Project Architect in the development and implementation of the Project Schedule, promoting clear communications among all project team members and reporting to the Project Manager.
Experience working with clients, project managers, and project architects in developing the design, architectural documentation and consultant coordination is a must.
The ideal candidate will:
· Act as liaison between the architectural team including designers and all consultants to coordinate information;
· Assist associate team members as needed and offer solutions to rectify any problems that arise;
· Attend site visits as deemed appropriate;
· Attend and observe client meetings and prepare and distribute minutes;
· Review all Architectural work and coordinate with consultants (under the supervision of the Project Manager);
· Prepare, control and manage the deliverables of the project for final review by the Project Manager and follow through on deliverables;
· Manage and maintain project files;
· Interact with team members and clients to insure a smooth workflow and successful project delivery;
· Communicate effectively both in written format and oral presentation;
· Multi-task and establish priorities;
· Maintain organization in a changing environment;
· Exhibit initiative, responsibility, flexibility and leadership;
· Be proficient in Revit, Photoshop, SketchUp, Bluebeam and MS Office.
Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture from an accredited university required.
This is a full-time position in our Los Angeles, California office.
Salary is commensurate with experience, excellent medical benefits, Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, vacation, holiday and sick leave.
We offer a friendly work environment with a passionate, talented and growing team of professionals. Be part of designing and building projects while honing your personal skills and contributing to the success of the Firm.