Torti Gallas was proud to have several firm members speaking at the Congress for the New Urbanism's CNU 25 in Seattle. Representing Torti Gallas were:
• John Torti presented "Architects of Community/25 Years of Making a New Urban Design Practice" in which he discussed our newly published book, "Architects of Community" and how our practice operates. John was also participated in a discussion entitled "Our Failures: Lessons from 25 Years of New Urbanism". This session asked long-time new urbanist practitioners to ponder into their decades of experience and speak to their failures and tragic missteps, and how these have informed their practice.
• Neal Payton and Murphy Antoine, along with Stan Wall of HR&A Advisors, conducted a workshop on "Utilizing Affordable Housing to Catalyze TOD". Neal also led a workshop on TOD Design Techniques.
• Brian O'Looney was part of a forum discussing Autonomous Vehicles & Urbanism.
• Laura Poncelet and Delma Palma were part of an Open Innovation panel entitled "Meeting Our Housing Needs: Innovative Tools for Addressing Infill, Markets and Affordability".
• Anthony Catania and Michael Mabaquiao were part of the Open Innovation panel "Mutimodal Transportation: New Solutions to Old Problems"
Thanks to all of you for representing Torti Gallas so well. You make us proud!!